H.O.P.E. Tutorial Center is a mission of Hope Church.
Our application deadline has passed . . . however, you can fill out the waiting list application here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHlMm4xAQqxsrI8FZsNxZMPl6vFihvmhFQnRU_HIla-ANd1g/viewform?usp=sf_link
If we get enough students we can "press go" with another acceptance round.
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Read below to get caught up on everything else and to check out the videos explaining everything!
Hello parents! Thank you for taking an interest in our program. There is so much information that there is NOOOOO way I could write it all out here. I know you are looking for more details and the best way I know to get that to you is by sharing the unedited recording of our “parent information meeting” that we had on March 21st. Keep in mind that this video was recorded during our presentation but you will not get to see the facility tour where the teachers explained how they would be laying out their centers and described how there would be small groups of children spread out doing different hands-on learning activities during their day at H.O.P.E. Tutorial Center. This approach is going to be far different from what your child may be experiencing at public school. Undoubtedly there will be some unschooling or unwiring of what is “normal” for the students, teachers, and parents. Ultimately the child will learn more as they are encouraged to explore and study their topics instead of just completing a worksheet or studying for a test. This will give them an educational experience tailored to their likes and interests as much as possible with a focus on developing a love of learning.
The parent information meeting video, as well as the “advertisement video” is linked below for you to review. You will not find our policy manual posted anywhere publically online because it includes some of our safety policies and procedures. I have posted some excerpts from the H.O.P.E. Student Policy Manual below. These excerpts refer to commonly asked questions and the types of information I would want to know before signing my child up for a brand new program. If I can be of any more assistance in helping you make the decision, please reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by calling the church phone number at 931-994-4151..
With Love, Ms. Rachel Tanner
link to Parent Information Meeting video: https://youtu.be/IbLpRh7o__o
link to the "advertisement" for the Tutorial Center: https://youtu.be/4en-wRH0Gwg
Our mission is to grow Christ-like students who become lifelong learners and servant leaders.
H.O.P.E. Tutorial Center strives to help parents educate their children, giving them a biblically driven alternative education environment that supports learning in the home, community, and in a classroom setting.
Our goal is to offer a flexible schedule that encompasses both didactic and experiential learning for valuable core subjects in a format that builds student’s self-esteem, develops a love for learning, & promotes growth of the individual student.
We plan to accomplish the mission and vision by accepting students where they are in their education and meeting the needs that best suit their individual learning style. Our teachers will be well versed in hands-on approaches and alternative learning. We will offer alternative style courses in Math, Science, English-Literature, History, Bible and the arts; as well as time for physical education and free learning through play.
Student Admissions Policy
We are accepting applications for students age 4 thru 8th grade.
POLICY FOR ADMISSION: Applications and the $25 application fee is due in by May 1st. Application fees are non-refundable. Deadlines and refund policy are set with NO EXCEPTIONS. Students of Hope Church families who regularly attend will get 1st priority to admission. We are limited as to the number of students that we can accept due to space and student-teacher ratio at this time. In regards to any spaces left after Hope Church students take priority: children of the teachers and current Hickman Home Educator Coop Students will receive 2nd priority. Students will be accepted on a first come first serve basis which includes application and the non-refundable application fee. Students will NOT go on the admissions list until both application and fee are received. Only students whose families have the ability to pay will be accepted. There is NO financial aid at this time. We will hold students on a waiting list for it/when a spot opens up. Also, at this time, we do not have the ability to accept special-needs children as we do not have a teacher on staff that qualifies for this level of student care. Students must enroll with an umbrella school. H.O.P.E. only serves as a tutorial program. H.O.P.E. reserves the right to deny admission.
All students of all grades may apply. There is no guarantee we will be able to offer classes for 8th-12th grade this year but we are fiercely working on the details of that. Applications for these grades will help us gauge the need and potentially secure more teachers. We are currently praying for additional space to house more students so our "maximum number" could change at any time. We will post updates here as they become available.
Tuition payment can be taken by 1 of 4 options:
- Option 1- Weekly debit/credit auto draft in the amount of $75 (auto deducted in 37 weekly installments on Wednesday’s beginning August 2nd. Total for this is $2770 plus any applicable card transaction fees.
- Option 2 – Monthly debit/credit auto draft August - May (10 installments of $278.00 each with no service fee; withdrawals will occur the first calendar Wednesday of every month beginning August 2nd.)
- Option 3 –Payment in halves (First semester payment of $1330 due at time of signing the financial agreement and 2nd semester payment of $1300 due by December 30th). Payable by check, debit/credit card, or cashier's check. Total for this is $2660 plus any applicable card transaction fees.
- Option 4- Payment in full (one year tuition is $2,600). Payable by check, debit/credit card, or cashier's check. Total for this is $2660 plus any applicable card transaction fees.
All students must remain enrolled under an approved umbrella school to remain “legal” with the state according to (TCA-49.6). H.O.P.E. does not serve as an umbrella school. The administrator can assist parents with getting registered and submitting forms upon request. Umbrella school fees are separate. Our program administrator will help families with this process. Umbrella schools are usually $50-75 per year.
We encourage strong classroom management by our tutors, in order to provide the best possible learning environment for each and every student. We encourage our tutors and parents to develop an open line of communication. Classroom teachers will redirect disruptive or disobedient children. If the student will not comply, the administrator will remove the child from class. If a child is habitually difficult to manage, a meeting will be arranged between the teacher, the H.O.P.E. administrator, one additional board member and the parents to develop a behavior plan. If the child continues to show unmanageable classroom behavior they may be dismissed from the class for the remainder of the year.
The steps for such behavior are as follows:
- If a student is disruptive or disrespectful during class or an extracurricular activity and does not comply with requests to change their behavior, a tutor or supervising adult will excuse the student from the activity. The issue will be addressed later that day with the student and an email sent to the parents.
- A second instance of disruptive behavior or habitual behavior issues will be addressed as follows: notification to the administrator who will contact the parent by phone and email regarding the student’s behavior. A meeting will be arranged within 3 days to include the teacher, H.O.P.E. administrator, and one additional board member to develop a behavior plan. A follow up email to the parents and teacher will include a copy of this discipline section and a summary of the plans discussed.
- If a third incident occurs, the student will be dismissed from the program. Any student dismissed due to behavior can not reapply to the tutorial program for 2 full calendar years from the date of occurrence. Written notification of such will be sent to the student’s family via email. Any students dismissed due to behavior will be required to maintain payments for the remainder of the semester.
Please limit your absences to times of illness, death in the family or family travel. Attendance will be up to the parent. No refunds for missed classes will be issued. Monthly payments will be required regardless of attendance. Attendance at H.O.P.E. will be submitted to the parent at the end of each semester for proper reporting to the umbrella school.
As an adult, if you are unable to attend for your volunteer day, it is your responsibility to contact a fellow member to cover your responsibilities and/or to find a classroom substitute in your absence.
Each day at H.O.P.E. Tutorial Center will begin with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Wednesday's will begin with chapel (lasting approx 15-20 minutes). Chapel will include a couple of songs and a short devotion. Devotions will not be specific to any one church or denomination. Topics discussed will not be controversial or political in nature. Devotions will primarily be the fruit of the spirit/beatitudes based.
Link to our 2023-2024 School Calendar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sx593CHwrdpXML706vzJslGI3mlPBIDJ_OGvwQ8pOA8/edit?usp=sharing